Please take time to say thank you to our veterans, including policemen, fire fighters, and other public servants. And have a Happy Thanksgiving later this month and be sure to share your time with family and those less fortunate.
Now, on a separate note, below are some highlights from the delegates meeting at World Workplace:
- Chairman's Message:
- IFMA is having its best performance in years. Their activities from the past 12 months have generated almost $1.5 million in net income. IFMA has also retired $780,000 in its line of credit debt.
- IFMA is focused on making facility management a career choice for current and future generations. They recently unveiled the FM Training Framework, which is designed to be a one stop education store. They are currently partnering with ASHRAE, AFE, and ISSA to provide training and certification content.
- IFMA's top 3 revenue sources include professional development, conferences and events, and membership.
- IFMA's membership totals 22,589 members from 106 countries, with 68% of the members based in the US.
- They created the Component Playbook, which is a step-by-step guide for IFMA components (chapters) that can be used to revitalize and improve the component to better support its members. Each section of the playbook is designed to provide the information needed to plan, organize, and facilitate the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) process. It also explains how to create action plans to implement the ideas during the (AI) process.
- The IFMA Engage Online Community allows members to share best practices, comment on industry trends and access resources to address real-world FM challenges
- IFMA Knowledge Library provides access to thousands of FM resources created and peer-reviewed by industry experts.
- FMJ Magazine offers globally applicable best practices and takeaways written by FM professionals for FM professionals
Please welcome Central Ohio Chapter of IFMA new members (November):
Bill Hill VDA Elevator Consultants
Doug Ramey John Glenn Columbus International Airport
Shawn Robuck Speer Mechanical
Pam Bowler Andrews Moving
Are you looking for a way to network with your fellow IFMA Central Ohio members and get more involved with the Chapter?
The Committees in IFMA Central Ohio are what makes the Chapter operate efficiently and effectively. We have a number of committees that need your help:
Programs- This committee selects, schedules and coordinates the monthly programs and tours for the Chapter. The Committee endeavors to help members increase their knowledge and expertise in facility management related topics. This is accomplished by providing programs and tours that bring to the forefront topics of facility management that pertain to the working environment.
Membership- This Committee promotes membership growth and retention by providing new member recruiting events and encouraging new and current members to be involved in chapter events and activities. The committee also conducts quarterly new member events, as well as assists in welcoming/registering attendees at Chapter programs, tours and events. Chapter co-chairs are Emily Kershaw and Lisa Davis.
Associate Membership - This Committee works with our associate members with questions and sponsorship opportunities. Associate members are an important part of the Chapter as we regularly tap into their knowledge base to help our Professionals receive the knowledge they need to perform their responsibilities. Current chair is Jeff Havens.
If you are interested in getting your FMP or SFP, please let one of the board members know. The more members interested the better the chance of having another class in 2020.